Dating example information architecture write a program to updating random access file
Robert Drummond (dies 1834) and James Morton (1808-64) run a brewery, known as Mortons Distillery as late as 1900.The stone brewery and distillery (owned by the City) is in use today for a variety of functions, and is known as the J. English-born architect Edward Horsey (1809-69) arrives in Kingston His commissions include the Frontenac County Court House of 1855, with which he is assisted by his son Henry Horsey (1830-1911).Later the building is named the Ann Baillie Building and today is a health museum.The beginnings of the high-rise movement in Kingston can be traced back to at least 1927, when the Annandale Apartments are being planned (occupied in 1931) on Sydenham Street at William Street for owners Tekla & Matthew Hanson by architect Colin The second high-rise in Kingston on Bagot Street between Princess & Queen Streets -- built as the La Salle Hotel, it is now known as the La Salle Mews.In 1903 a fountain is dedicated to him in front of the Frontenac County Court House.A stone nurses residence (architect William Newlands) with Ionic columns opens at the Kingston General Hospital, where nurses training had been conducted since 1886.It is converted into a legislative building when Kingston becomes the capital of the united province of Canada East and Canada West, 1841-44. Irish-born architect George Browne (1811-85) arrives in Kingston as government architect and leaves when the capital moves to Montreal early in 1844.Among his commissions are Rockwood Villa, the City Hall, and St Andrews Manse.
The construction in stone of a new Fort Henry, on the same site as the fort of 1813, begins following ten years of planning by two Ordnance Board commissions and four years of preparation by Royal Engineers.
Alexander Mackenzie (1822-92), a member of the Liberal party, becomes Canadas Prime Minister until 1878.
During this time Kingston benefits by the establishment of the Royal Military College; architect Robert Gage (1841-post1916).
His design is altered c1840 when the front of the church is rebuilt and a new bell tower installed by architect William Coverdale (1801-65); this work is in turn altered by an enlargement of the structure in 1891 by Power & Son. House, one of an important group of stone neoclassical houses, is built about 1830 on the corner of King St East and Johnson St.
Other houses include Charles Place (c1830) at 75 Lower Union St, and the Cartwright House (1833) at 191 King St E.